Aug 29, 2009

the KidzArt Exhibit at LWCC


Every summer, we like to have an exhibit by the creative kids of Treasure Park, grades 1-6. This year we have an outstanding display of their creativity and talent.

Each child submitted their art work according to the theme, “God Created…” and I’m so pleased to have 3-D art this year, which you can find in the gallery cabinet in the coffee bar corner, near the kitchen doors. Please take time and experience the amazing art work and read about the artists in "The Heart behind the Art" gallery booklet (you can find that in the coffee bar ledge, next to the TV.) By early next week the gallery booklet will be online as well.

This exhibit runs Sunday, August 30 to Sunday, September 27.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Practically every adult can recall elementary art classes and their ability to create with freedom. As a young girl, I sat at our family’s dinning table for hours lost in imagination. All I needed was my box of colorful crayons or Play-Doh. I would dream up a kingdom of animals, castles, and princesses, then bring them to life on paper or through sculpture.

And He said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 18:3

The childlike desire to create often gets lost when we become adults. That passage from Matthew speaks deeply to me. I’m left to reflect: How can I apply that passage to my life and “become like a little child”—through my God-given creativity? How does God want me to express my faith and love for Him through my art work? Questions I will continue to ponder.

deAnn Roe
Director of Creative Arts
LWCC York 717.755.0089 x126 droe@lwccyork.com

No comments: