Sep 6, 2012

First Friday's!!

I lift my eyes to the mountains - where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. - Psalm121:1-2
Graffiti-Style artwork by Ramon Trevino
Red:1
Tomorrow evening is looking pretty darn nice for York and Lancaster's First Friday - mostly sunny, high 89, only 10% chance of rain, as per my Weather Channel app.

If you find yourself in Lancaster tomorrow for First Friday or are looking for excitement, you ought to stop by and support our very own Ramon Trevino. His graffiti-style art work will be on exhibit at the Lancaster Dental Arts - 60 West Walnut. I know he'd love to see familiar faces!

If you've never ventured out to a Lancaster First Friday, you should. The downtown area of Lancaster is gallery after gallery. People of all ages fill the sidewalks, galleries, and little eateries - enjoying the creativity that saturates the evening air, it's nearly electric! I LOVE IT! Parking usually keeps people from going downtown. I can't parallel park to save my life! So we always park in the Prince Street Garage (on the corner of Orange and Prince), easy in and easy out. The benefit is that it's right in the middle of the action! Yeah, it costs a few bucks but it's totally worth it.

York's First Friday has it going on too, just on a smaller scale. So if the drive to Lancaster is to daunting, check out York. Here's the flyer for tomorrow night's First Friday in York, there's some fun things going on. Grab your pile o' friends and head downtown to support York's growing art scene!

Either way you choose - I hope you enjoy your weekend!

grace & peace,
deAnn

No comments: