Sep 26, 2012

Make a Joyful Noise!



   Make a Joyful Noise/I Will Not Be Silent
By David Crowder
 
Make a joyful noise to the Lord
All the earth 
The flowers of the field
Are cry'n to be heard
The trees of the forest
Are singing
And all of the mountains
With one voice
Are joining the chorus of this world 

And I will not be silent
I will not be quiet anymore 

Running through the forest
Dive into the lake
Bare feet on beaches white
Standing in the canyon
Painted hills around
The wind against my skin
Every ocean
Every sea
Every river
Every stream
Every mountain
Every tree
Every blade of grass will sing


I have always felt extremely close to God in nature. Be it meandering through a
wooded path or playing chase with the surf, His presence is known to me. I picture
in my mind, all of God’s creation in a sweet chorus of worship, praising their Creator,
continuously. I’m reminded I should do the same. As I move through this life, busy with
“things to do,” I want to slow down, notice how the breeze causes the leaves to
dance and hear their song being lifted up to our God. Like creation, I will not be silent,
I want to be known for making a joyful noise.
 
This beautiful exhibit features the photography of Cass Delp, Celesa Hagan, Chris Perez,
deAnn Roe, Kevin Henderson, and Sean Aulthouse.
 
Sing for joy, you heavens,
for the Lord has done this;
shout aloud, you earth beneath.
Burst into song, you mountains,
you forests and all your trees...
Isaiah 44:23 (NIV)
 
 
Grace & peace,
deAnn Roe
 
creative arts director
LWCC | email | 717 542 9024 x126

 

No comments: