Mar 15, 2010

Recap of Thursday's PAGES

I stepped in for deAnn’s role as leader but not in the aspect of pregnancy! It was a pleasant time as we opened with introductions to a new attendee. After a few announcements, we began our time together with a ten minute writing prompt. Three vases of inspirational spring flowers were placed in the middle of the table. One vase held a vibrantly colored bouquet, another held slightly under a dozen dazzling coral Gerber daisies and in contrast, an additional vase held some slightly aged flowers that were still holding their own from a Valentine’s Day arrangement. Some brief comments about where these flowers took everyone’s pen… “lines and simplicity,” “spring is coming," "longing for spring,” and “fading beauty.”

Celesa - I can't thank you enough for leading PAGES for me this month. Heading into my eighth month of pregnancy is taking it's toll, energy-wise, on this 40 year old person! :0)  ~ deAnn

WRITERS/POETS: One last reminder - please submit your pieces for the APRIL edition of Inklings via email by next Monday, 3/22. Because of my pregnancy (I'm due May 13) and the three month materity leave, there will be NO July Inklings. So, get your work to me for the April edition!

Grace & peace ~
deAnn

No comments: